CMSGT Marlin Menschel & Airmen, Iraq 09/2011
The second wave of care packages for our troops was sent off today, thanks to the lovely Barb & Jerry Miner, and “expert-packer” Karyn Smith!
Our troops overseas will be so blessed by this shipment which included luxuries such as wool socks, batteries, and baby wipes donated by Barb & Jerry for our Marines and Soldiers!
The line-up for the eight care packages that went out today:
- Marine James Hainer is getting the second batch of hygiene boxes (2 men’s, 1 women’s) for his unit, which will be shared with 50+ Marines in Afghanistan. His unit has quite the share of artists, and we’ve received some beautiful digital arts of his favorite animal, the honu (hawaiian turtle).
- CPT Mark Olson was sent one men’s hygiene and one women’s hygiene to his troops in Afghanistan. As Chaplain, he has access to hundreds of soldiers – if a school would like to support his troops with letters, we’d be happy to mail them off! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SSG Amanda McNeil was packed a box of assorted men’s and women’s hygiene by Karyn Smith. The ladies on FOB (Forward Operating Base) Sharana are about to be pampered with lotion, hair ties, and hand-made soaps, while the men are sure to grab the cordless shaver and razors!
- PFC Oriette Lemus and her troops are sure to enjoy their first “girlie” box, packed with love by Karyn Smith.
- Jackie Craig was also sent her first “female pamper kit” of shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, and body mist – complete with fuzzy slippers! This was especially important, because of her previous comment on anysoldier.com, “My Soldiers are starting to feel the effects of being away from home. Missing all the comforts they used to have.”
Next week, Renee and I will be attending meetings in Tacoma, Washington with military organizations such as Heroes to Hometowns, and the Air Force Association. Our third shipment will be sent off Wednesday, October 12th, 2011.
These are our troops, and we are honored to serve them. Your support has helped us send 290 care packages this last year to troops in remote locations of Iraq, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Kyrgyzstan, & Indonesia. We have our most important shipment to come: Sending them the gift of home… in time for Christmas.
Want to Donate?
Checks made to “Operation Christmas Glory” are sent to:
Operation Christmas Glory • 16685 SW King Charles Avenue • King City, Oregon 97224
Donations can also be made at HomeStreet Bank, Tigard
or use Paypal to make an electronic donation with the button on the top right of this page.
Our goal is to ship 300 care packages to our Soldiers, Marines, Airmen, and Sailors during the month of October. Our Packing Party on September 30th was such a success, that we have 230 care packages ready to be shipped immediately (including 19 that were shipped out in the last three days!) Financial sponsors have covered the cost of postage ($12.95/box) for the first 70 packages being shipped out currently. Donations are appreciated!
We thank you for your support!
Email Jennifer at email@example.com